Mike Dolbec is Executive Managing Director of GE Ventures and in this episode of the podcast we cover his background, beginning with his work at the legendary Xerox PARC, the origins of his venture investing career and observations on recurring patterns in the technology industry.
With a perspective on AI that dates back to the 1980s, he provides perspectives on the evolution of in the market, and the different applications of AI technologies. He also provides an overview of the distinctions between traditional IT and Industrial IoT technologies, providing insights around the differences that entrepreneurs and investors need to take into account when selling tech to industrial customers.
Lastly, he discusses some of the areas of investment including edge computing, with companies including Iotium, Foghorn and Balena (formerly Resin.io), as well as industrial inspection startups such as Avitas and oil and gas-focused startups like Maana.
Why you should listen to our podcast:
1) Deep dive content about topical issues hosted by Momenta Insight Partner 'Edge' Maguire
2) New perspectives - not just rehashing tired statistics and research
3) Guests that are industry specialists that you'll actually want to listen to
4) Easily digestable content that you can listen to anywhere and at any time: walking the dog, waiting for a bus, multi-tasking in a boring meeting etc.
5) Lively discussion and debate that includes people that don't always agree with each other