Maciej Kranz is one of the more prominent thought leaders in IoT, and his book Building the Internet of Things and blog are essential reading for anyone interested in those topics. Our conversation covered the changes in the market, surprises since the launch of his book in 2016 and his views on the current state of the market and evolution across industries. He discusses the primacy of security and the surprise that so many organizations need help – which drove him to publish his companion workbook. We also covered key topics such as the evolving architectures of IoT, Intelligent Edge and Fog Computing, how China is approaching IoT and the importance of AI. As the market moves from optimization to digital transformation, Maciej provides essential advice to those looking to make the jump.
Why you should listen to our podcast:
1) Deep dive content about topical issues hosted by Momenta Insight Partner 'Edge' Maguire
2) New perspectives - not just rehashing tired statistics and research
3) Guests that are industry specialists that you'll actually want to listen to
4) Easily digestable content that you can listen to anywhere and at any time: walking the dog, waiting for a bus, multi-tasking in a boring meeting etc.
5) Lively discussion and debate that includes people that don't always agree with each other