Sean Parham is Group VP and Head of Product Management for the ABB Ability Platform. In our conversation, he covered his origins helping the telecom industry migrate the transition to broadband, and the lessons learned that apply today. The discussion touched on the concept of “Maslows Hierarchy of Value”, the parallels of systems management applied to the challenges of managing distributed assets and the broad implications of how technology impacts multiple industries.
The conversation also addresses the disruption coming from two simultaneous revolutions in IT and energy and how this changes the way that energy is generated and delivered, through microgrids, with green energy and storage. Robotics is not to be feared as it solves the undersupply of talent and people. Current areas of technology focus for startups include batteries and the consumer drone market.
Why you should listen to our podcast:
1) Deep dive content about topical issues hosted by Momenta Insight Partner 'Edge' Maguire
2) New perspectives - not just rehashing tired statistics and research
3) Guests that are industry specialists that you'll actually want to listen to
4) Easily digestable content that you can listen to anywhere and at any time: walking the dog, waiting for a bus, multi-tasking in a boring meeting etc.
5) Lively discussion and debate that includes people that don't always agree with each other