Our conversation with Param Singh covered his recent blog posts “Is IoT a Viable Market” and “The Long Tail of IoT”. The evolution of IoT has seen a lot of focus on bespoke solutions, and our conversation explores the distinctions between the types of use cases that are replicable, and those that fall along the “Long Tail”. The importance of business value is a recurring theme in our conversation, as companies that succeed tend to follow the most practical use cases for technologies. One interesting startup worthy of note is Brighton.ai, which is developing speech recognition technologies that are vertically oriented.
What has shaped Param's view of the Internet of Things:
Why you should listen to our podcast:
1) Deep dive content about topical issues hosted by Momenta Insight Partner 'Edge' Maguire
2) New perspectives - not just rehashing tired statistics and research
3) Guests that are industry specialists that you'll actually want to listen to
4) Easily digestable content that you can listen to anywhere and at any time: walking the dog, waiting for a bus, multi-tasking in a boring meeting etc.
5) Lively discussion and debate that includes people that don't always agree with each other