In our conversation with David Mount, parter at the VC firm G2VP, he shares some of his experiences working with companies in the energy and industrial sector. He discusses some of the unique characteristics that lead to success, the interactions with key customers, and the need for VCs to adjust their perspective to customer success when working in the industrial sector. He also compares and contrasts how and why certain industries have been moved faster and been more successful in digitalizing their businesses, and discusses the potential unleashed by AI, machine learning and other technologies. Finally, he highlights notable startups in the space including Kelvin, Alea, Zomi, Xage and Particle.
Why you should listen to our podcast:
1) Deep dive content about topical issues hosted by Momenta Insight Partner 'Edge' Maguire
2) New perspectives - not just rehashing tired statistics and research
3) Guests that are industry specialists that you'll actually want to listen to
4) Easily digestable content that you can listen to anywhere and at any time: walking the dog, waiting for a bus, multi-tasking in a boring meeting etc.
5) Lively discussion and debate that includes people that don't always agree with each other