David White is a principal at Ontos Global, a boutique consulting firm based in Berkeley, CA and the author of Rethinking Culture: Embodied Cognition and the Origin of Culture in Organizations. Our conversation explored his deep background into organizational culture, the evolution of cognitive anthropology and some of the misperception around culture - what it is, why it’s important, and why it’s so difficult for organizations to change. White discussed insights from the past thirty years of research into the brain, illuminating how organizational culture is shaped by the industry and the daily tasks of the people within. Our conversation explores the role of language, leadership and technology, challenges and new approaches for organizations to transform their culture to become more effective.
Why you should listen to our podcast:
1) Deep dive content about topical issues hosted by Momenta Insight Partner 'Edge' Maguire
2) New perspectives - not just rehashing tired statistics and research
3) Guests that are industry specialists that you'll actually want to listen to
4) Easily digestable content that you can listen to anywhere and at any time: walking the dog, waiting for a bus, multi-tasking in a boring meeting etc.
5) Lively discussion and debate that includes people that don't always agree with each other