Accelerate Your LoRaWAN ® enabled Startup
The LoRaWAN Startup Challenge is a contest and event to recognize the most-innovative early stage startups leveraging Low Power, Wide Area Networks (LPWAN), specifically LoRaWAN.
The winner will receive $10,000 cash prize
Finalists will receive a one-year Adopter membership to the LoRa Alliance, will receive complimentary booth space at the event, and will be featured in Momenta and the LoRa Alliance press. All entrants will have the benefit of deeper visibility by Momenta Ventures.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: APPLICATION IS OPEN through May 1!
- Top 20 semi-finalists selected by May 7
- Top 5 finalists selected by May 20
- Finalists will pitch at the finals on June 13 as part of the LoRa Alliance Annual Membership Meeting in Berlin
- Finalists will also have a booth presence at the event
Ensure that your company aligns with Momenta’s Investment Focus /Areas strategy and positioning:
- SIZE: Be an independent company (not a subsidiary)
- STAGE: Founded after Jan 1, 2015 and having raised less than $2M in funding
- TECHNOLOGY: Leverage non-licensed spectrum LPWAN, specifically LoRaWAN
- MATURITY: Have a working product or service
- SECTOR: Operating in one or more of the following sectors:
- Smart Spaces (buildings, cities, AgTech)
- Supply Chain / Logistics
THE PITCH DECK
Make sure your pitch deck includes the following information:
- FOUNDING TEAM: Highlight relevant entrepreneurial achievements
- THE PRODUCT: What is it? What does it do?
- USE CASES: Describe clearly typical users and use cases
- MARKET: Qualify your target and total addressable markets
- COMPETITION: List the various types of competitors, ideally by size, geography and type
- COMMERCIAL STRATEGY: Which steps will enable your startup to conquer this market?
- MILESTONES: Main KPIs, benefits and earnings for up to the past 3 and next 3 years
- BUSINESS MODEL: Compare with known startup models, marketplace, e-commerce, SaaS.
- BUSINESS PLAN: One slide to highlight the financial plan
- FINANCING NEEDS: How much are you raising